Outdoor Summer Market
OUTDOOR SUMMER MARKET
OPENING JUNE 12th
3pm through 7pm at 93 North Country Road, Setauket New York
Remember - anyone can order online from our Mobile Market 24/7 Pick-Me-Ups open on Fridays between 4pm and 6:30pm at 1099 North Country Road, Stony Brook.
SEE YOU AT ONE OF THE MARKETS!
WHAT TO EXPECT
When we open our market things will be very different for the rest of the 2020 season. For instance, there’ll be no sampling and no lingering. Produce will be behind the farm stand staff and handed to customers instead of letting shoppers pick through the bins of beets, tomatoes and other produce. Markings will clearly indicate where shoppers may stand for each tent (more than 6 feet away), and staff will call customers up one at a time. Additional markings will guide everyone waiting in line to maintain safe distances from each other.
For the safety and well-being of shoppers, vendors, volunteers and staff, the following vendor rules and market safety regulations will be in effect:
- TVM will designate two openings: one for entering the market and one for exiting.
- It is mandatory that all TVM staff and vendors wear a face covering when entering the market.
- Stands must use vinyl or plastic table covers or no covers for regular sanitizing efforts.
- TVM staff will control the number of shoppers in the market at any given time to ensure physical distancing.
- Only one or two people per household are suggested in the market shopping area at a time.
- As much as we love them, dogs will not be permitted in the market shopping area at this time.
- Signage will be posted at the entrance to the market listing shopper safety guidelines – please observe and follow these guidelines.
- Markings will indicate 6’ physical distancing.
- Adhere to 6’ physical distancing while shopping in the market. Give space to those around you, at least 6’ while shopping and waiting in line.
- Only vendors and their staff may handle products; customers must not touch any produce or products before they are purchased.
- No ready-to-eat foods or beverages will be offered.
- Foods may not be consumed while in the market shopping area.
- No sampling of products will be permitted.
- Vendors are asked to use two tables between shoppers and vendors to ensure 6’ distancing at check out.
- Vendors must have hand sanitizer at their stand.
- TVM will provide additional hand sanitizer at INFO Tent.
- There will be no announcements, live or recorded music, or entertainment of any type for the foreseeable future.
- Out of an abundance of caution there will also be no children’s or family events of any type.
ON-LINE PRE-ORDERING IS RECOMMENDED
TVM staff is actively emphasizing social distancing and compliance with farmers market safety guidelines. Customers will be asked to leave if the refuse to comply .
Practicing social distancing requires everyone’s participation to be effective. We need your help to create a social distancing friendly environment and are asking you to follow these guidelines when you visit our markets:
- If you are sick, stay home and ask a friend or family member to pick things up for you instead
- Maintain 6 feet of space from other shoppers and allow others their space when shopping
- Shop quickly to limit crowding
- Minimize the size of your group when shopping and keep your group together – this is especially important when shopping with young children
- Wait outside the booth until it is free of other shoppers, then take your turn
- Don’t spend time socializing or linger at the farmers’ market
- Customers may not touch anything for sale before they buy it, the farmer/producer will need to pick out what you want and bag it for you
- Bring small bills and pay with exact change or allow your farmer to keep the change to minimize exposure and speed up your transaction
- Wear face mask
- Thank your vendor
- Wash all produce thoroughly before using it
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds
- If you need to sneeze or cough, sneeze or cough into a tissue or into the crease of your elbow
- Wash your reusable produce bags between visits