Oil or butter to coat pan
2 cloves garlic, diced
½ jalapeno pepper
1 bunch spinach, shredded or chopped
A few leaves of romaine, chopped (with crunchy stems)
1 or 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
2 or 3 large eggs
1/8 cup milk or water
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
Refrigerator crescent roll pastry or your favorite crust
- Lightly coat pan and sauté garlic and jalapeno until lightly browned and soft.
- Add spinach, romaine, tomato, mushrooms. Cover briefly, then sauté just until soft, stirring frequently.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with milk, add parmesan cheese.
- Butter or grease 9-inch glass pie pan. Unroll and lay out pastry crust in pan, cutting off ends as needed.
- Pre-bake crust until lightly browned at 350º about 5 minutes (I use my toaster oven.)
- Add sautéed vegetables to fill halfway (if there are too many vegetables reserve some on the side), then pour egg mixture over top (be careful not to overfill.)
- Bake uncovered for about 5 minutes or until crust finishes browning, then cover with foil and bake about another 10 minutes to set eggs. Enjoy !
Quick, nutritious & great as leftovers the next day!
Recipe Submitted by Bella (Isobel)