WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE OUT DOOR MARKET
Things are very different for the remainder of the 2020 season. For instance, there is no sampling that isn’t prepackaged, and no lingering. Produce is behind barriers at the farmer tents and will be handed to customers instead of letting shoppers pick through the bins of beets, tomatoes and other produce. Markings clearly indicate where shoppers may stand for each tent (more than 6 feet away), and staff will call customers up one at a time. Additional markings will guide everyone waiting in line to maintain safe distances from each other.
For the safety and well-being of shoppers, vendors, volunteers and staff, the market guidelines and safety regulations are in effect but will be updated as changes take effect:
- It is mandatory that all TVM customers, staff and vendors wear a face covering when entering the market.
- Vendors must use vinyl or plastic table covers or no covers to enable regular sanitizing efforts.
- TVM staff may control the number of shoppers in the market at any given time to ensure physical distancing.
- we suggest that only one or two people per household are suggested in the market shopping area at a time.
- As much as we love them, dogs will not be permitted in the market shopping area at this time due to health department guidelines.
- Adhere to 6’ physical distancing while shopping in the market. Give space to those around you while shopping and waiting in line.
- Only vendors and their staff may handle products; customers must not touch any produce or products before they are purchased.
- No ready-to-eat foods or beverages will be offered at this time.
- Foods may not be consumed while in the market shopping area.
- No sampling of products will be permitted.
- Vendors are asked to attempt to create space between shoppers and vendors to ensure safe distancing at check out.
- Vendors must have hand sanitizer at their stand.
- There will be no live music/entertainment of any type for the foreseeable future.
- At this time there will also be no children’s or family events.
IF YOU PREFER EXTRA CARE - ON-LINE PRE-ORDERING IS RECOMMENDED
TVM staff are actively emphasizing social distancing and compliance with farmers market safety guidelines. Customers will be asked to leave if met with refusal.
Practicing social distancing requires everyone’s participation to be effective. We need your help to create a socially distant friendly environment and are asking you to follow these guidelines when you visit our markets:
- If you are sick, stay home and ask a friend or family member to pick things up for you instead
- Wear a face mask
- Maintain 6 feet of space from other shoppers and allow others their space when shopping
- Shop quickly to limit crowding
- Minimize the size of your group when shopping and keep your group together – this is especially important when shopping with young children
- Wait outside the booth until it is free of other shoppers, then take your turn
- Don’t spend time socializing or linger within the farmers’ market
- Customers may not touch anything for sale before they buy it, the farmer/producer will need to pick out what you want and bag it for you
- Bring small bills and pay with exact change or tell your farmer to keep the change to minimize exposure and speed up your transaction if possible
- Wash all produce thoroughly before using it
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds
- If you need to sneeze or cough, sneeze or cough into a tissue or into the crease of your elbow
- Wash your reusable produce bags between visits